Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) Interpreting Services
LX Translation has a reliable network of professional interpreters with strong backgrounds in medical, healthcare, law, business industries.
Our linguists have the experience necessary to guarantee that your message is conveyed with the utmost accuracy, considering many varieties and dialects of spoken Chinese.
Consecutive Chinese interpreting is ideal for small-scale settings and face-to-face meetings where only two languages are being used. These situations could include:
· Medical and Legal Appointments
· Court Hearings or Depositions
· One-on-one Meetings
· Small Groups such as Training Workshops
· Business Meetings
· Interviews, Press Conferences or Teleconferences.
In order for Chinese interpreters to be able to deliver high-quality consecutive interpreting services, the speaker has to express one thought at a time and pause to allow for the interpreter to orally convey (translate) speaker’s message.
Extra equipment is usually not necessary, which makes this mode of interpreting convenient and cost effective.
For further enquiries please send us an email to email@example.com
Interpreter Code of Ethics
ACCURACY AND FIDELITY
- Render all messages in their entirety accurately, as faithfully as possible without addition, distortion, omission and embellishment of the meaning.
- The interpreted sentence should have the same meaning and effect as the original sentence.
- Information learned about clients and cases should not be disclosed to anyone outside the interpretation assignment. However, as an interpreter, if you come across information indicating that a person’s life or that a child’s safety may be in danger, you should report the situation to the Service Provider (SP) immediately. These are the two exceptions where confidentiality can be broken and the SP be informed.
RESPECT FOR PERSONS
- Respect all parties in the job.
- Interpreters strive to remain free of preference or bias to any party involved.
- Interpreters are not advocates or opponents to any party. Interpreters are to only interpret messages from the source language to target language and vice versa.
MAINTAIN ROLE BOUNDARIES
- Strive to perform within professional boundaries. Refrain from personal involvement or invested emotions.
- The interpreter cannot do anything outside of his/her role. This is to avoid any risks to the interpreter.
- Interpreters are responsible for the quality of interpretation provided and accountable to all parties and organizations engaging in the service.
- Be professional, assertive and ethical at all times.
- The interpreter must constantly project a professional image. This includes verbal and non-verbal actions.
- Commit yourself to lifelong learning in recognition that languages, individuals, society and services are constantly evolving. Competent interpreters will strive to maintain the delivery of quality interpretation.
- Investing in courses in both English and the other language will broaden understanding of topics that may benefit your career.